Mumbai: 12 People Hospitalized After Eating Shawarma

The incident happened on Friday at Satellite Tower in the Santhosh Nagar area of Goregaon (East) after eating chicken shawarma
12 people were hospitalized after eating non-vegetarian street food Shawarma in the Goregaon area of Mumbai.
(Representational image: Unsplash)
12 people were hospitalized after eating non-vegetarian street food Shawarma in the Goregaon area of Mumbai. (Representational image: Unsplash)

12 people were hospitalized after eating non-vegetarian street food Shawarma in the Goregaon area of Mumbai.

According to a civic official, at least 12 people were admitted to a hospital for suspected food poisoning in the last two days after they ate a non-vegetarian street food item in the Goregaon area of Mumbai. The official said that of the 12 hospitalized people, nine have been discharged while three other people are recovering.

12 people were hospitalized after eating non-vegetarian street food Shawarma in the Goregaon area of Mumbai.
(Representational image: Unsplash)
Concerns Over Rising Food Poisoning Cases in Coastal Region

The incident happened on Friday at Satellite Tower in the Santhosh Nagar area of Goregaon (East) after eating chicken shawarma. The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) official said that twelve people complained of food poisoning on Friday and Saturday, and they were admitted to a hospital. In which nine people were discharged, and three others are undergoing treatment. The official said this without giving any details on whether the food was consumed by the 12 people at a hotel or shop.

The official said that of the 12 hospitalized people, nine have been discharged while three other people are recovering. (Representational Image: Wikimedia Commons)
The official said that of the 12 hospitalized people, nine have been discharged while three other people are recovering. (Representational Image: Wikimedia Commons)

A Similar incident happened earlier this month in a private coaching center in Pune, Maharashtra where over 50 students were hospitalized complaining of food poisoning symptoms like stomach ache, vomiting, and diarrhea after having dinner at the coaching center. The students were admitted to a nearby hospital and their condition is stable. The police official said that they launched an investigation into the issue and food samples are being sent for laboratory examination.

In another case, around 75 people reportedly fell sick and one person died due to food poisoning. This incident happened in the Majri Colliery area in Chandrapur district, Maharashtra.

 (Input from various sources)

(Rehash/Lavanya Beeraboina/MSM)

Related Stories

No stories found.
logo
Medbound
www.medboundtimes.com