Summers call for replacing the warm rum and whiskey with some cold vodka to beat the heat. However, a man from Nepal did not end up with vodka, but a bottle of vodka in his stomach.
Nursad Mansuri (26) of Gujara Municipality in the Rautahat district of Nepal complained of severe abdominal pain. After a thorough medical check-up, it was identified that there was a bottle of vodka in his stomach. The news was reported on March 10.
According to the reports, the bottle had damaged his intestines causing swelling and leakage of faeces. He had to undergo a two-and-a-half-hour-long surgery for the bottle to be extracted. He is said to be out of danger.
It is suspected that the bottle was forced into his stomach through his rectum. The police suspect that Nursad's friends got him drunk and then forced the bottle through his rectum.
The police have since arrested a suspect Shekh Samim. They have also interrogated some of Nursad's friends, and an investigation is underway.
(Input from various media sources)