Are you on a budget? Exams coming up? Add fuel to your busy brain without spending much!
Here are some Affordable Food Options For College Students
- Expert Advice from Dietician Neha Suryavanshi
For Students, two factors that prevent their satisfaction towards meals are time & money but you can choose this nutrient dense, quick & low cost foods are :
1. Eggs - This is the ultimate food to get good quality protein which can added in any meal of the day as per your convenience in the form of boiled egg , egg salad and fried eggs.
2. Curd Rice - Curd Rice is easily affordable food for college students & it is rich in vitamin B12 & rich source of probiotics which is necessary for good gut health .
3.All South Indian dishes like Idli Sambhar, Dosa, Upma,etc. When eaten in moderation gives great comfort
4. Oats Porridge - Oats porridge consists of oats, milk & dry fruits (raisin and dates) along with a pinch of cinnamon powder is excellent for morning breakfast and easy to prepare without any cooking for college students.
Oats are rich in fiber,antioxidants, B Vitamin,iron, potassium, magnesium & many more minerals. Oats are very good for digestion, heart ,prevent diabetes and keep you full for six hours at least. You can make namkeen oats with lot of veggies too.
5. High Protein Salad - High protein salad like sprouts salad and chickpea salad is very easy and full of antioxidants, vitamins & minerals along with protein is a perfect meal for lunch or snack in between. The best thing about it it's easy to prepare in less time which makes it excellent choice for college students.
6. The good old jaggery chana ( roasted black chickpea) and Peanuts are a good snacking option.
7. Lassi or Chaas is easy to prepare to keep your body and brain hydrated throughout the day!
8. Affordable fruits like Banana are a great source of energy and when paired with peanut butter make the snack more fulfilling!
So, ditch those instant noodles and sandwiches which will bring nothing but sleep.