Name: Dr. Pooja Malik
Educational Qualifications: BSc (Hons) in Agriculture from Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University (CCSHAU) Hisar, Haryana, India (Admission batch: 2008)
MSc in Genetics & Plant Breeding from College of Agriculture from CCSHAU Hisar, Haryana, India (Admission batch: 2012)
Ph.D. in Genetics & Plant Breeding from College of Agriculture from CCSHAU Hisar, Haryana, India (Admission batch: 2018)
Languages you speak/write: English
Current Position: Assistant Professor
Where are you working currently?
Maharishi Markandeshwar University (MMDU), Mullana-Ambala, Haryana, India
Things that you are passionate about concerning the clinical/research/current aspects of your profession:
Agricultural Sciences, Plant Breeding & Genetics
What made you choose teaching or mentoring as a profession?
My inner self
According to your experience, what is more important: getting good scores or acquiring knowledge?
Any 3 topics/subjects that you like the most:
Cell Division, Male sterility, Pollination
What are your fields of interest in research and clinical practice?
What are your career goals or expectations?
Upliftment of educational status.
What would you be doing if not the current profession?
What do you like to do in your leisure time?
Reading motivational books
What change would you like to bring about in the education sector?
Focus on quality education.
What is your mantra for success?
Kindly mention your publication(s), if any:
1) Pooja, Vikram Singh and Bunty Sharma. 2017. Genotypic and phenotypic diversity assessment of wheat cultivars and elite breeding lines. Vegetos- An Int. J. Plant Res. 30: 441-447.
2) Pooja, Vikram Singh, Meenakshi Rathi and Bunty Sharma. 2017. Molecular Characterization of Diverse Genotypes of Indian Bread Wheat (Triticum aestivum L. Em. Thell) by Using SSRs Markers for Leaf and Stripe Rust Resistance. Ann. Res & Review Biol. 12(2): 1-8.
3) Pooja , Veena Chawla, Vikram Singh and Satender Yadav. 2018. Path coefficient and correlation studies of yield and yield associated traits in diverse genotypes of bread wheat (Triticum aestivum L.). Int. J. Chem. Studies. 6(3): 73-76.
4) Pooja, S.S. Dhanda and R.S. Beniwal. 2018. Genetic Diversity Based on Cluster and Principal Component Analyses for Yield and its Contributing Characters in RILs of Bread wheat (Triticum aestivum L.). Int. J. Pure App. Biosci. 6 (2): 242-247.
5) Pooja, SS Dhanda, NR Yadav, RS Beniwal and Anu. 2018. Correlation and path coefficient analysis of some quantitative traits in recombinant inbred lines of bread wheat. Int. J. Chem. Studies. 6(3): 350-354.
6) Bunty Sharma, Himanshi Rawat, Pooja and Ruchika Sharma. 2017. Bioremediation - A Progressive Approach toward Reducing Plastic Wastes. Int. J. Curr. Microbiol. App. Sci. 6(12): 1116-1131.
7) Pooja, SS Dhanda, NR Yadav, RS Beniwal and Anu. 2018. Estimation of genetic variability in recombinant inbred lines of bread wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) for yield and yield component traits. Int. J. Chem. Studies. 6(3): 1006-1011.
8) Pooja, S.S. Dhanda and Anu. 2018. A review on yellow rust (stripe rust) of wheat, identification, its spread, and management. International conference on Innovations and research in Agriculture, food science, forestry, horticulture, aquaculture, animal sciences, biodiversity, ecology and climate change (AFHABEC). ISBN: 978-93-85822-67-4.
9) Pooja, Veena Chawla and Prince. 2019. Genetic diversity of bread wheat genotypes (Triticum aestivum L.) revealed by microsatellite SSR markers for leaf and stripe rust resistance. J. of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry. SPI: 86-93.
10) Pooja, SS Dhanda, NR Yadav. 2019. Molecular analysis of Yr genes for yellow rust resistance in breadwheat (Triticum aestivum L. Em. Thell). Bangladesh J. of Botany.
11) Anu, Vikram Singh, Shikha Yashveer , Ram Niwas , Pooja Malik, Arpit , Susmita Dey and Umang Ahlawat. Assessment of Genetic Variability, Heritability and Genetic Advance for Grain Yield and Its Contributing Traits in Wheat (Triticum aestivum). Int. J. Curr. Microbiol. App. Sci. (2019) 8(8): 1169-1174.
12) Pooja, SS Dhanda, RS Beniwal and NR Yadav. 2020. Effect of meterological parameters on stripe rust (Puccinia striformis f. sp tritici) of wheat (Triticum aestivum L. Em Thell). J. of Agrometerology (Vol. 21 Special issue-2).
13) Pooja, Jagdeep Singh, S.S Dhanda and V.S. Pahil. 2021. Genetic diversity analysis of recombinant inbred lines of bread wheat (Triticum aestivum L. Em. Thell) for stripe rust resistance using SSR markers. Agricultural mechanization in Asia, Africa and Latin America (Accepted).
14) Pooja, S.S. Dhanda, V.S. Pahil, R.K. Behl. 2022. Evaluation of Bread wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) genotypes for yellow rust resistance in relation to meteorological parameters. Ekin J. of Crop Breeding and Genetics. Vol. 8 (1):53-60
Kindly mention your achievements or awards:
Best Paper Award
And finally, what message would you like to give today's youth?