Name: Dr. Ankit Kadarge (Medbound handle: @ankit_kadarge)
Academic Qualification: BDS
1. What do you do?
I am currently doing my internship at MedBound Times (www.medboundtimes.com) as a Medical writer.
2. What’s the best part of your profession? What made you choose this profession?
Being a dentist is a rewarding profession. When you treat your patients, you can see the results almost immediately. Their smile indicates that they are pleased with your treatment. That is our delight. On the other hand, doctors do not choose their profession; instead, their profession chooses them...!
3. Do you like reading? What was the last thing you read?
I love reading books. But I need help to finish every one of them, and I keep starting with new ones. The last book I read was Atomic Habits. I also enjoy watching podcasts because Listening to content is the same regardless of where it originated. The only difference is that podcasts tend to have guests, so you're hearing conversations and getting a ton of insight (My favourite podcast is Andrew Huberman's)
4. Describe yourself using three words
Adventurous. Ambivert. Open-Minded.
5. What is your least favourite subject?
There are no least liked subjects, but in academics, I will go with community dentistry and, in general, politics.
6. What’s something you wish to change about the world?
I wish to change people's perception of careers (the traditional career mentality), particularly in India; the most significant change would be in the educational system.
The educational system in our country is solely concerned with grades, which demotivates children who think outside the box.
7. What would it be called if your journey were a movie?
8. What are you passionate about?
Personal development is something I'm very interested in. I learn new things from podcasts and books to improve myself. I'm still in my twenties, so I'd like to explore more.
A bound by Dr Kadarge at MedBound: https://www.medbound.com/public/public-post/a37fae49-0db3-4e7d-86cc-e4ae050691e2
9. If given a choice, what alternate career would you choose?
Well, I would have opted to become a Veterinarian (Dogtor).
10. Finally, a Quote you relate to...
"Habits are the compound interest of self-improvement."