Winters are ramping up all over India. The decrease in temperature calls for some heat. However, it's not always that the heat can bring in warmth. Sadly, for this family of four, it bought death.
The unfortunate incident surfaced from Jhajhar village in Uttar Pradesh as a family of four died after leaving the gas heater on overnight.
The victims of the heart-wrenching incident included the couple Asif (35) and Shagufta (32) and their toddlers Zaid (3) and Mayra (2).
The milkman knocked on their house's door on January 8, but no one answered. The locals contacted the police. Police broke in to find the family in an unconscious state. They were rushed to the Bisva Community Health Centre, where the doctors declared them to be dead.
The forensic team looked into the matter. According to reports, a gas leak is suspected to be the root cause, as a strong smell of LPG was detected. Preliminary examinations reveal asphyxia or suffocation due to inhalation of poisonous gas to be the cause of death. The bodies have been sent for post-mortem.
(Input from various media sources)