Woman Finds Dead Mouse in Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup Ordered Online

She was shocked to see a dead mouse fall out of the bottle. To verify that the syrup really included a dead mouse
In her post, Prami expressed her fear over the discovery, describing how she poured some syrup onto a spoon and initially found strands of hair.  (Representational image: Pixabay)
In her post, Prami expressed her fear over the discovery, describing how she poured some syrup onto a spoon and initially found strands of hair. (Representational image: Pixabay)

A woman ordered Hershey's chocolate syrup online through Zepto and discovered a dead mouse inside the bottle. The lady, Prami Sridhar, recorded the event in a video that went viral on Instagram.

In her post, Prami expressed her fear over the discovery, describing how she poured some syrup onto a spoon and initially found strands of hair. She decided to open the cap and transfer the contents into a cup out of curiosity. She was shocked to see a dead mouse fall out of the bottle. To verify that the syrup really included a dead mouse, a family member is seen cleaning it in the video.

“We ordered Hershey’s chocolate syrup from Zepto to eat with brownie cakes. We started pouring it over the cakes and noticed small hairs continuously. We then opened the sealed cap and poured it into a disposable glass. A thick and hard consistency of a dead rat dropped down. By washing in running water for confirmation, it’s a dead rat,” Prami stated in her post.

The incident didn't just end with the horrifying discovery. Prami mentioned that several members of her family had tested the syrup and fell sick, requiring medical attention. “Please be aware of what you are eating and ordering. Please check while giving to kids,” she urged her followers.

Hershey’s responded promptly to the viral post. The company commented, "Hi there; we are very sorry to see this. Please send us the UPC and manufacturing code from the bottle to consumercare@hersheys.com with the reference number 11082163 so one of our team members can assist you." They also expressed their extreme regret for the inconvenience caused.

Prami mentioned that several members of her family had tested the syrup and fell sick, requiring medical attention. (Representational image: Pixabay)
Prami mentioned that several members of her family had tested the syrup and fell sick, requiring medical attention. (Representational image: Pixabay)

Social media users' concerns and anger have been inflamed by the incident. Many expressed their outrage and suggested that Prami should sue Hershey's and report the incident to food safety authorities. Some users highlighted that Zepto, the online delivery service, wasn’t at fault since the product came with its seal intact. "It's the manufacturer's problem. If the product came with its seal closed, Zepto is not responsible for this," one comment read.

This incident has once again brought food safety into the spotlight. Users on social media voiced their concerns, with one commenting, “Since the past few days, I am just horrified to see so many unhygienic practices that I have stopped using so many packaged products and started eating only healthy and non-packaged products. I hope, in the future, I can completely stop it. Our older generation lived a healthy life just because of it. Thank you for sharing.”

This is not a distinct incident. Just last week, a resident of Mumbai discovered a human finger with a nail in ice cream ordered online. The police investigation suggested that the finger might belong to a factory worker. Another recent case involved a Noida woman who claimed she found a centipede in an ice cream tub ordered through an instant delivery app.

These incidents have amplified concerns over the hygiene and quality control of packaged foods. Prami's experience, documented on Instagram and viewed by millions, has led many to question how such gross negligence could occur in food manufacturing and distribution.

(Input from various sources)

(Rehash/ Susmita Bhandary/MSM)

In her post, Prami expressed her fear over the discovery, describing how she poured some syrup onto a spoon and initially found strands of hair.  (Representational image: Pixabay)
The Foremost Experiment On ISS: Embryos Of Mouse Grown In Space
logo
Medbound
www.medboundtimes.com